Amazing example of the ineptitude of the Auckland City Council in this mornings Herald.
Some how they have managed to spend $133 000.00 on bunting that became soggy after the first decent rain fall.
I can see why they thought that would be OK; Auckland is like Las Vegas right? It never rains!
A Council spokesperson in a great piece of arse covering is quoted as saying; " All standard council procurement policies and procedures were followed".
Lets see, that would be:
1. When spending ratepayers’ money go for the worse possible deal imaginable. Check.
2. Choose a product that is grossly unsuitable for the job it has been selected to do. Check.
3. Buy the said product off shore at the expense of a local rate paying business. Check.
4. Try and apportion the blame on someone else and tie the whole thing up in a bureaucratic tangle in the hope it will go away. Check
5. Dig a deep financial hole for your self and then keep digging to get you out of the shit. Check
Yes he's right, they did follow protocol...
For many of us, what we wear day-to-day is becoming more relaxed - and if you’ve traditionally been a steady dress shirt wearer, this can pose something of a challenge. At Crane Brothers we’re often asked what are some key pieces to consider building a contemporary wardrobe around, especially with this new paradigm in mind...
John Rykenberg ran a store front and photography studio of Auckland photographers from the late 1950s through until the late 1970s. During that time the studio captured Auckland's daily life and produced a particularly interesting Queen Street series in the 1960s - it probably comes as no surprise thatthere are road works visible in some of...
The Dambusters were legendary for their wartime heroics and a constant source of inspiration for me as a child, raised on a diet of Commando Comics & Airfix Models.