Little Culprit is a favourite haunt of the Crane Brothers team - a discrete and elegant establishment for after-hours indulgences, described by founders Kyle Street and Jordan Macdonald as a mischievous younger brother to their Culprit restaurant proper.
Whilst we've not been able to enjoy their august company due to current restrictions, Kyle and his sommelier Angela were kind enough to let us take a little of their magic home with us, with their recipe for a Temperance Collins (temperance technically optional).
- 1 tsp Flaky Salt
- 1/4 tsp Grapefruit Zest very fine
- 45ml Seedlip or Gin
- 40ml Lime Juice
- 30ml Agave Syrup or 20ml Honey
- 90ml Pink/Ruby Grapefruit Juice
- 1 scoop Ice Cubes
- 1 Can of Soda
- Chill 2 tall glasses.
- Prepare the salt by combining flaky salt or flaky Himalayan salt with some grapefruit zest.
- Rub a small piece of cut grapefruit around the rim and down 1-2cm of the outside of the glass.
- Sprinkle with your grapefruit salt allowing any excess to fall off.
- Carefully fill each glass with ice.
- Slide a grapefruit slice down the inside of the glass, using the ice to hold it against the side of the glass.
- Add all cocktail ingredients EXCEPT the soda into a shaker or a clean sterile jar.
- Shake for 30 seconds then strain into each glass.
- Top off with soda.