Auckland - 09 377 5333 Christchurch - 0800 99 33 11
When did you start working for Crane Brothers?
- 1999, I have been here since the start.
We opened our High Street store on February 1st 2000. I remember being so nervous that no one would come in. I sold a shirt on the first day and that was it really. I have been here ever since.
What's your role within the company?
- Varied. We are still a small company, so like most business owners, a lot of the hard and boring stuff defaults to me. I spend a lot of my day in the office with my admin team and about 2% of my time designing. My priority remains the retail and I try to spend at least 20 hours a week in the store, including my favourite day in store Saturday, which I have always worked. I like seeing old clients and making new ones.
Describe what style means to you.
- Style is permanent. It defies time. It is something that can’t be taught or inherited. It’s intuitive and intangible.
What are your personal three wardrobe essentials and why?
- A white shirt, a navy suit and matching socks.
Favourite place to eat in your city?
What was the last thing that you recall being inspired by?
- My recent visit to Florence was amazing but probably Tokyo. That is a truly inspiring city and the closest thing I will probably experience to visiting another planet.